You asked, so now we deliver. We’re opening up the workshop and you’re invited.
Scottie has years of experience at the forge and brings forth a wealth of knowledge to share with you in either an Elementary one-day workshop, or a more Comprehensive workshop over two-days.
You’ll be guided through each and every step of knifemaking; designing, cutting, grinding, shaping, heat treating, balancing, sanding, and handling. And yes, you will get to keep your creation.
There are minimum classes on offer, we encourage you to secure a place early.
Here’s what you need to know and how to book in:
- You do not need previous experience as we’ll walk you through each step of the way.
- Anyone over the age of 14 can join us (ages 14-16 must have a parent or guardian book in with them)
- Classes will be limited to 2 people, three at the most if you all travel together. Knifemaking includes many sparks, so you’ll need to have closed-in shoes and wear cotton clothing, preferably long pants and long-sleeve shirts, BYO safety goggles, we’ll supply all other safety gear (although if you have an apron, earmuffs etc feel free to bring your own).
- BYO lunch, we have a fridge if you need it.
- Our workshop is in Moore Park Beach, 25mins north of Bundaberg
- Elementary one-day workshop = $500 per person. Moving quickly through the day to complete a knife. Workbook included.
- Comprehensive two-day workshop = $700 per person. Includes a much broader insight into knifemaking and the skills involved. Workbook included.
- The Comprehensive two-day workshops are locked in for the last weekend of every month, please message to secure a spot, or, should you have a preferred date we welcome your suggestion.
- Payment, in full or 50% deposit, will be required to secure your preferred dates.
Cheers, Cristel and Scottie